• Monkeys in Central Thailand City Mark Their Day With Feast 

    A meal fit for monkeys was served on Sunday at the annual Monkey Feast Festival in central Thailand. Amid the morning traffic, rows of monkey statues holding trays were lined up outside the compound of the Ancient Three Pagodas, while volunteers prepared food across the road for real monkeys — the symbol of the province […]

  • Bird Flu in Nebraska Prompts Slaughter of Additional 1.8M Chickens

    Just like on other farms where bird flu has been found this year, all the chickens on the Nebraska farm will be killed to limit the spread of the disease. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says more than 52.3 million birds in 46 states — mostly chickens and turkeys on commercial farms — have been […]

  • Lumphat Wildlife Sanctuary Moving Toward Sustainable Conservation

    Lumphat Wildlife Sanctuary of the Eastern Highlands, established by a Royal Decree in 1993, covering a total land area of 250,000 hectares, about 80 percent of which is located in Rattanakiri province and the rest 20 percent in Mondulkiri province, is moving towards sustainable conservation under the REDD+ project. Mr. Bou Vorsak, the CEO of […]

Monthly Archives